New and Younger Mothers, (correct this if it is wrong), here are the first things that one must do in this day and age to prepare for motherhood:
- Conduct all genetic tests and alter if need be?
- Register for gifts wanted at online registries.
- Dedicate a blog site or photo sharing site to document and share the progress of baby from as early as possible.
- Develop a ring of friends and play hubs online.
- Research baby names online and have that baby named as soon as you know the sex. Most popular top five names for boys and girls: Boys -- Michael, Jacob, Matthew, Joseph and Christopher; Girls - Hannah, Madison, Elizabeth, Alexis and Sarah. Figure out the meaning of the name.
- Register for a domain name for the baby.
- Think about GPS bracelets or Radio Frequency Identification Tags (RDIF)
- Put the baby's name on wait lists for schools.
- Make arrangements to permanently store the umbilical cord ($2,000 for one-time fee, $100 annual fee -- private storage recommended).
- Stock up on Baby Einstein music and tapes to begin developing the brain from the start.
- Upload a video of the birth and set up text/email alerts to announce the arrival
These things have happened since my babies were potty trained. What is missing here? What should be dropped from the top ten priority list? Are you a Mama Wannabe? Go here.