Or a very short brief. I'm listing five things in my life now that I would have never thought would be in my life when I was 25. This is an idea from Parisian photographer/blogger Claude, who like me, isn't fond of memes but I'm giving it a go. If you want to do this, go ahead.
1. Three children who have grown up to be quite likeable and delightful. At 25 I was married but not yet a mother.
2. Blogging on a laptop. Writing on an IBM Selectric was more in my imaginings then, and publishing was via newspapers, magazines or books.
3. A persistent love of cultures and languages. Never satiated. My youngest daughter has caught the flame.
4. A guitar-playing husband. I thought then he might pick up the saxophone. I never would have dreamed that I'd have a drum-playing son and a husband who serenades me. Life is sweet and charming.
5. Gadgets. Cell phones, iPods, digital cameras and all the information available at fingertips.
This was a quick jot. I'm sure I'll think of more. And you?